- Physicians trained and specializing in child and adolescent psychiatry develop individual treatment plans for every student. We welcome and encourage open communication and are always available to discuss your child’s treatment plan while enrolled at Bernalillo Academy.
- Our physicians are considered an integral component to student success and facilitate each student’s weekly treatment team meeting. Parent and guardian participation is encouraged.
- As a sub-acute Residential Treatment Center we provide round-the-clock nursing care ensuring students’ medical and safety needs receive prompt attention and treatment.
- All nursing staff at Bernalillo Academy are graduates of accredited nursing programs practicing with valid and unrestricted nursing licenses issued through the New Mexico Board of Nursing. Our nurses are well qualified to provide professional services for complex psychiatric and medical conditions.
- We believe nutrition is an important component in maintaining health. A Board Certified Dietitian is available for evaluation and consultation for students requiring special diet accommodations.
- Bernalillo Academy provides freshly prepared and “Heart Healthy” nutritious meals.