Placing your child in a Residential Treatment Center can be an overwhelming decision made at a difficult time. Bernalillo Academy believes that parents need to carefully consider this step, assuring that this is the best choice. Thus, our Admissions Department will take the necessary time to speak with parents/referral sources regarding your child to evaluate diagnosis, evaluations, treatment and behaviors as much as possible before enrollment is initiated.
Referrals to Bernalillo Academy are made by contacting and providing relevant information to the Admissions Director. Referrals are accepted by phone, fax, mail, email or walk-in. Information should include the student’s demographics, background information and materials from other placements, psychological evaluations, school IEPs and any other recent testing or evaluations. Our Admissions Director, Psychiatrists, Executive Director, Clinical Director and other staff speak fluent Spanish for our Spanish speaking families..
To begin the referral process quickly, complete the “New Referral Information Form” or "Nuevo Formulario de Información de Referencia" form found in the “Admissions” Category on our Home Page and do one of the following:
If you are having records sent to Bernalillo Academy from your current Provider(s) please have them faxed, scanned and emailed or mailed to: Bernalillo Academy Admissions Director, 5400 Gibson Blvd., SE Suite "A", Albuquerque, NM 87108.
Families and referral sources are always welcome to arrange an appointment with the Admissions Director to answer all your questions. We encourage you to make an appointment and come for a tour of Bernalillo Academy if you are considering referral and/or placement of a child with us.
Once we receive the necessary referral information for your child, we will perform a clinical review and we will contact you and the referral source with our recommendation of whether enrollment in Bernalillo Academy is appropriate treatment for your child. If accepted for potential placement, further information will be gathered through an interview with the student/family and/or referral source, either in person or by phone. Information collected will then be submitted to insurance for approval. Once insurance/Medicaid approval is obtained, an admission date will be scheduled.
If you are considering treatment options and wish to discuss Bernalillo Academy admission criteria, programs and services, or have other questions please contact our Admissions Department at 505-710-9210. We will confidentially discuss your situation and help you with decisions to proceed.
Documents for Enrollment
- Complete Referral Information form – Complete Form Descarga el Formulario
- Submit Collateral Documents to support the Referral:
- A clinical decision cannot be made until collateral documentation is received. Collateral documents include, but are not limited to:
- Most recent Psycho-educational testing or diagnostic reports (within the last three years).
- Most recent Psychological/Neurological evaluations (preferably within the last 3 months)
- Current Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) if enrolled in Special Education
- Current Treatment Plans
- FAX Collateral Documents to: 505-768-7956 or
- SCAN Collateral Documents to: Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org or
- MAIL Collateral Documents to:
- Bernalillo Academy Admissions Department, 5400 Gibson Blvd., SE Suite “A”, Albuquerque, NM 87108
- (Please remember you could be sending private confidential information so please take measures to secure your information).